“National Day Golden Week” is China’s biggest travel holiday. During this semi-annual seven- or eight-day holiday which starts around October 1, nearly half of the country’s population is expected to travel.
Top Tips for a Business Boon
Here are some tips to help you prepare for the busiest Chinese travel season of the year:
- Chinese people are world class travellers, and tourism numbers are expected to surge as overseas travel becomes more accessible.
- Chinese international travellers will visit family and friends throughout East and Southeast Asia, Australia, the United States, Canada, and the U.K.
- Chinese guests typically stay around five days, allowing for two days of the holiday week for travel to and from home.
- Chinese tourists will want to experience the city they are visiting. Guests will appreciate customized experiences such as VIP packages that include fine dining experiences, unique landmarks to visit, tickets to exciting events, etc.
- In Asian culture when there are visitors, you mark the occasion by eating out in a restaurant with the whole family. As a result, restaurants can be very busy this week as families welcome out-of-town guests. Concierges are advised to check with guests if they wish to make reservations for their group. This consideration will greatly add to the customer’s premium experience!
- With large families needing to get around, the logistics of travel can become chaotic! Transportation companies should be prepared to move seven or more people at a time.
- Companies should be set-up to accept payment through methods commonly used in China such as WeChat Pay, Ali Pay, and Union Pay (the biggest credit card company in China).
- Shopping centres, casinos, and entertainment events will be a key activity for visitors. Smart retailers are advised to welcome customers with a great selection of goods that will appeal to the shopper at great prices.
LAT Multilingual’s Golden Dragon Certification & Marketing Program
As a business owner, it can be hard to keep on top of the different domestic and international travel holidays. To ensure your business is prepared to tap into Chinese markets and catch the eye of Chinese tourists, LAT Multilingual’s Golden Dragon Certification and marketing program is a great choice.
Through this program, we provide training on Chinese culture and service preferences, and offer a team of marketing experts to help establish your presence on Chinese social media channels and help craft strategic messages to get customers and clients through your business’ front door.
LAT Multilingual – An Authentic Cultural Approach
Foreign travel holidays such as National Day Golden Week can be a boon to business when marketing and messaging are thoughtfully and appropriately applied. Contact us and see how we can help you expand your customer base!